Everyone is endowed with a unique skill set of gifts to offer.
Your talents and expertise can help LEAF Hawaii end poverty and hunger in Hawaii. Here are some of the things you can do to help this wonderful project.
- Native Hawaiian practitioners can pass on their knowledge of cultural practices that foster self-sufficiency and proper care of the land, water, and sea, etc.
- Teachers and students can participate in ‘farm to school’ gardens
- Farmers can become a sponsor, of a ‘farm to institution initiative’, with LEAF and our target population
- MBA’s and other Business professionals can become ‘barefoot MBA’s’ in LEAF’s partnership with other farmers, to revitalize local food production.
- Experienced native taro and other native crop farmers can pass on their knowledge to others, expecially the youth
- Government leaders can help guarantee legislation that will benefit local food security initiatives
- Farmers can become more eco-friendly and community-based in their management of land and natural resources
- Green movement advocates can help enlighten and educate the public with their knowledge
- Green artisans and craftpersons entrepreneurs can help introduce value-added product small businesses
- Partner with LEAF to sponsor a garden in your community
- Become a Master Gardener yourself
- Assist us in Eco-friendly video and film productions to help create more awareness and educate the community
- Become a leader in your field in practical action with LEAF in helping end poverty and hunger